I’ve never been one to write out monthly goals, but it seems to be a good idea since I have been getting lazier throughout pregnancy. I really want to get back on track and not let bad habits form or get worse. I am excited, for the first time ever, that it’s actually snowing! So the first snow calls for my first set of goals.
● Stay on track with nutrition: I use the my fitness pal app. I used to be religious about staying under or at my daily goal, but I have been slacking big time. Since I am pregnant, nutrition is probably the most important thing at the moment. Whatever I eat, baby eats!
● Stretch EVERY day: This is important to me. Not only is stretching and remaining limber important for expecting mothers, it is a time during the day to relax. Even if it’s just 10 minutes, that is 10 minutes of me time.
● Weight train at least 3X a week: I miss my muscles. I really do. If I can do this between calls at work or even during my lunch break, I will be much healthier for it. (Work from home props). I have a kettle bell, and I damn well better use it.
● Clean: This is pretty vague, but it involves many aspects. I have been better at keeping up with laundry, so I want to continue that. I also need to deep clean, at least once each month, the entire house. Oh, and I need to make the bed every day. I heard that is important psychologically or something, so ok.
● Thank my husband every day: Men are equally, if not more, emotional than women. They just have a harder time showing it. Men love praise even if they don’t admit it. I have realized that my husband is in a better mood when I tell him something good about him every day. Plus I love him, so this shouldn’t be too hard. 😉
● Work up to drinking a gallon of water each day: This is a goal I have been trying to reach for ever. I always just give up or ignore it after a while. Well not anymore. Going straight from 3 pints a day to a gallon a day isn’t very realistic, so I want to be at a gallon each day by mid November. My body and skin will thank me for it, especially living in Utah, one of the driest states ever.
● Get my name change started: Oh my hell, changing your name after marriage is annoying. I’ve been married almost a month and have only changed it on social media. Claps for me. I want to have changed over my social security card and drivers license by the end of this month if at all possible.
My goals are 100 % reachable. If I think of any more I will add them here. I think a reward is needed at the end of each month if I reach my goals. Let’s say, I get to buy one thing from any store I want if I accomplish them all with a passing grade (B or A), no C’s here!